Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yeah! My Dress if finished.

 Finally finished.  The pictures don't do it justice.  It fits well and the sleeves hit where they should although it doesn't look it in the photo.  My photographer is ..... fine.

I did a lace bias tape hem.  Which makes the dress feel so much more feminine and special.  No one will see it but me.

Who would have thought Stacey and Clinton (hosts of "What Not to Wear") knew so much.  An empire waist is a good silehuette for a pear shape like mine.  And the length is good as well.  A nice chunky necklace and an awesome bag and I'd be ready for work or play.

Now what's this?  Probably one of the reasons it took me so long to finish.  At work I am the ultimate organizer.  I use all the available technology and then some.  However, in the sewing room....well, it is a bit different.  This is my whiteboard.  I was going to 'outline the remainder of my project' and blog about it.  Then I realized that would be cheating.....no this is it in all it's unglorifed, untidiness.  The worst of it is I don't even know what some of it means anymore.

Well consider this my confession.....

And now I vow to keep a nice and tidy white board with achievable goals, clearly outlined!

I had labelled the different items, which came out too small, actually, it's probably better they did.



No comments:

Post a Comment