Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sewing Mojo

I am still working on this McCalls pattern.  All I have left is the bodice lining, and the hem.  So what is taking so long?  Well I could make excuses about work, housework, other duties and so on.  The truth of the matter however is I just haven't gotten into my groove with this dress.  I don't know why?  Have I lost my sewing mojo?  No.

I don't know about anyone else but sometimes I can buckle down and get it done and others I just .... take my time, waste a bit of time...goof around and finally get it done.  I know a lot of sewers that sew the same pattern over and over.  I do to, but it instead of doing each subsequent item faster...I seem to get sidetracked easier and I finish slower.
So, I am going to do a couple of things.  One, I am going to set aside 30 minutes each day to do something in my sewing room.  This will help to keep me on track.  Second, I am going to use my whiteboard to set my tasks up so that I can look at the total project in smaller pieces.

Hopefully, next time I will have some pic's and progress to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment