Saturday, May 28, 2011

Career Project

My MCall's dress is giving me fits.  I will be working on this project as if it were my sewing career.  I have completed the bodice lining.  I still need to attach it to the sleeves.  I also need to tack it down a the sleeves and of course I need to hem it.

Here is where I am before I put in the bodice lining.
I don't know what is with my dress form, she stands with a list.  I'll have to fix it.  But I love the color.

Why this dress is giving me such fits, I just don't know.  I did move all the furniture in my sewing room around too though.  Anything that I could do instead of finishing my dress!

I did take pictures of one completed project though.  This is one I started a while ago and am already using.  I made a table runner, potholders, toaster cozy, oven mitt and place mats.

I got the material awhile ago for 'the mall' (aka Walmart) it was billed as Thomas Kinkade designed fabric.

This is the place mat and below are the other various and sundry items.

A Thomas Kinkade
I guess I could have taken better pictures, I still had my long lens on my camera.  Suffice it to say I am just happy to have pictures of a finished project for a change.

Tomorrow I am finishing my dress.  All of it!  I also have a very special post planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment