Monday, July 4, 2011

Losing my Mojo-one wadder at a time



The fabric was a stone colored stretch twill.  It was fabulous.  The pattern was this New Look.  I was excited.  I cut it out carefully....then I decided to line it in order to reduce wrinkling.

The kick pleat and waist band came out so well.  But those pleats in the front of a straight skirt?  Well, they made for an odd little bubble effect.  I don't know if it was my sewing?  my body shape? or if it was supposed to look like that, but I decided it was awful and into the wadder bucket it went.

What is wrong with this skirt.

Maybe it was the wrong kind of fabric?
But look at what the pleat did.  It is horrible.  I was so angry.  Here is the front view, not much better.
I didn't mention the zipper bump.  I will never make another skirt with a side zipper.  
Skirt making, to be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment